BRIDGES bicycles must be requested by employers. Students may not request a bicycle directly. The employer should specify for each bike, male or female, and the height of the student. Bicycles will be delivered to the employers’ location. BRIDGES requests a contribution of $10 per bicycle to cover maintenance costs. Checks should be written to BRIDGES of Friendship and sent to:

BRIDGES Treasurer
2622 S. Bay Shore Drive
Sister Bay, WI 54234

The BRIDGES Bicycle Coordinator is Ken Hollenbeck, and he can be reached at (920) 854-2461, or by email at kenthebikeman@gmail.com.

All BRIDGES bicycles have been donated by local friends, and all labor for maintenance, repairs, delivery and pick-ups is provided by volunteers.

Social Security Sign-up

There will be one or two opportunities sponsored by the Door County Visitor Bureau for students to sign up in Door County for Social Security cards. Dates will be announced as they become available. Contact Phil Berndt at (920) 818-1136 or Phil@DoorCounty.com for more information.


BRIDGES will provide transportation to and from BRIDGES activity events, sports activities and English Conversation on Thursday nights, or I-GIG discussion groups. BRIDGES does NOT provide transportation to Sturgeon Bay or Green Bay or other destinations which are not related to BRIDGES programs.

BRIDGES Event Photos

Photos of your students enjoying BRIDGES events can be found at facebook.com/DoorCountyBridges/.

Problems with J-1 Visa Employees

For issues of medical, housing, performance or behavioral problems with J-1 Visa employees, contact the sending agency for your student.